I love summer. I remember loving it as a kid. I could play with my sisters all day long and most of those days were spent outside. We grew up with a trampoline in our back yard and we spent countless hours jumping and living in our own little world.
When we were very young, our trampoline had an imaginary dome on it and we lived inside. In our world, we were always under the attack of the mischevious "beastie boys" and luckily the brave and cute "beach boys" always came to our rescue! We jumped with the sprinkler spraying us from underneath and slept out under the stars.
We were amazed at the tricks our dad and uncles could perform on it and as we got stronger and braver, attempted our own amazing stunts. We played hours of "add-on" and "seat-send" and spent many more on a blanket in the sun with our homework or a good book.
When we were very young, our trampoline had an imaginary dome on it and we lived inside. In our world, we were always under the attack of the mischevious "beastie boys" and luckily the brave and cute "beach boys" always came to our rescue! We jumped with the sprinkler spraying us from underneath and slept out under the stars.
We were amazed at the tricks our dad and uncles could perform on it and as we got stronger and braver, attempted our own amazing stunts. We played hours of "add-on" and "seat-send" and spent many more on a blanket in the sun with our homework or a good book.
We had our own little "secret signal" that we would flash in the house to call each other out to the trampoline. Sometimes we used it so that we wouldn't be followed by the younger ones, and occasionally, we used it to "quietly" sneak out and get out of doing our chores! I'm sure my mom never guessed! We grew up outside with plenty of room and encouragement to grow strong and free and confident.
Naturally, I have wished for the same experiences for my kidos, so I was so pleased to look outside today and see them enjoying the ca
refree days of summer!

refree days of summer!



4 comments:
So cute! I love the shadow pictures on the trampoline. Memories are so fun! And you seem to have a gift for capturing "the moment" with a single picture. I love the looks on your kids faces. Great blog!
Lisa! You are so great at taking pictures and capturing the moments! I loved the summer days too and am enjoying not having to get Luke off to school! :) Cute, cute...tell everyone hi for us! Miss ya!
Oh yes, yes, the beastie boys and beach boys. How could I ever forget? I LOVE the shadow pics of the trampoline and your grocery bags are darling! I've been looking for a new church bag for primary- that might work perfectly.
cute trampoline pictures! I love all the different waysies you captured them! You are my hero! Seriously, love ya sis! Your blog makes me happy.
Post a Comment